Decision making at the Vine Church is governed by the Leadership Team and Church members.
The Leadership Team is chosen by the membership and the members have direct input into the decisions of the Church especially in terms of finances and Church direction.
Members are required to regularly attend members meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
The Vine Church Constitution for Membership
Church Membership is open to those who:
- accept the beliefs of the Church*;
- meet the church’s qualification on Baptism
- commit themselves to serving Christ with the church and beyond;
- abide by the decisions of the Church Members’ Meeting
- acknowledge their responsibilities as Church Members;
- have their membership application accepted by the Church Members.
*the same as the Baptist Union of Great Britain. http://www.baptist.org.uk
On receipt of an application the applicant(s) will be interviewed by two established members to ascertain their suitability for membership.
In the case of those requiring transfer of membership from their previous church, references will be sought from their former minister or leadership.
The Church Members’ Meeting will consider and vote on the application for membership and if accepted the new member(s) will normally be welcomed publicly.
Members of the church will be those who :-
- Believe in and accept Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord (Acts 4:12)
- Have repented of sin and confessed personal faith in Him in the ordinance of believer’s baptism by immersion (believer’s baptism is by full immersion unless a medical certificate is supplied or there are exceptional circumstances) (Acts 2:38).
- Are endeavouring to live a life worthy of the gospel (Philippians 1:27).
- Believe in the Bible as the Word of God relevant for today (2 Timothy 3:16)
In accordance with Ephesians 5:1-2, Romans 12:1-2 and Colossians 1:10, it is expected that a member will live a life of witness and worship of God through service in the local church and be committed to:-
- Growing in faith and seeking the gift and graces of the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4: 11-13).
- Making every effort to gather with the church regularly to worship, fellowship and receive instruction (Hebrews 10:25).
- Sharing bread and wine in communion with the church (1 Corinthians 11:23-26).
- Seeking to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace through submission to each other (Ephesians 4:3-6).
- To submit to church leadership and discipline (Hebrews 13:17).
- Giving regularly to God’s work through the church (Malachi 3:10, 2 Corinthians 9:7).
- Sharing their faith with those who are not Christians and to seek through friendship to introduce others to the church and to a knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- Are 18 years old or over.
If you feel that the Vine Church has become your home and you want to become a member please complete the application form below (click the link).